rye / absinthe / lemon twist
- 2 parts Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 part simple syrup*
- 1/2 teaspoon absinthe
- 2-3 dashes Peychaud's® Bitters
- Lemon twist
- Fill a rocks glass with ice and let it sit to chill.
- In a separate mixing glass, combine the simple syrup and bitters.
- Add the rye whiskey and ice to the bitters mixture and stir.
- Discard the ice in the chilled glass and rinse it with absinthe by pouring a small amount into the glass, swirling it around and discarding the liquid.
- Strain the whiskey mixture from the mixing glass into the old fashioned glass.
- Squeeze lemon twist and drop in.