Stay up-to-date with all things big, full flavor. We’ll reach out to you with the top stories from our distillery, invites to special events and much more. Sign up now to start enjoying your big flavor with exclusive benefits.
Over 25,000 bourbon enthusiasts receiving emails from Knob Creek make up the Original Brothers of Bourbon, and there's an open bottle waiting for you. Join for the inside track on all things bourbon, and share some of the things you have discovered about Kentucky's most appreciated art form.
Place Your Bets on Big Flavor
When you’re watching the game with friends, rivalries are bound to happen. So it may not be easy to pick just one game day cocktail. Try your hand at making two cocktails and pit them against one another. Let everyone try both, and may the best drink win.
Classic Old Fashioned
Rye Old Fashioned
Even though an actual football no longer depends on pigs, a great football party sure does. If you’ve got the home field cooking advantage, here are two great pork recipes from Celebrity Chef, and Knob Creek® fan, Michael Symon. Both recipes feature the big, full flavor of Knob Creek® Bourbon.
Score major points with your guests by pairing either of these recipes with one of our new Knob Creek® Cocktails. Just make sure your TV is as big as the flavor.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH KNOB CREEK® LEMON GLAZE
KNOB CREEK® SMOKED MAPLE GLAZED HAM
Last September, Knob Creek hosted the first ever Knob Creek® Campout on the distillery grounds in Clermont, Kentucky. Fifty lucky campers, many of them fellow Brothers of Bourbon, spent the weekend of a lifetime in bourbon’s natural habitat, walking in the footsteps of Booker Noe, creator of Knob Creek® Bourbon. Many incredible memories were made in the damn great outdoors that weekend, but here is our Top Ten List of Unforgettable Campout Moments.
10. Bottle’s Up: During the VIP tour, we visited the T-Line, where we bottle our small batches. We put campers to work as they each washed out a bottle (with bourbon, never water) and dipped it into the wax.
9. S’mores: Campers were treated with Knob Creek® Bourbon-infused marshmallows for building the most incredible s’mores around the fire pit. Some of the best times were had around that fire pit sharing stories, drinks and maybe a few secrets too.
8. Gone Fishin’: It’s a stocked pond, but the fun Friday
We know how it goes. Every year you pledge to whip your bourbon game into shape, and every year, time gets the best of you and before you know it, it’s December. This year, plan a bourbon bucket list full of resolutions you’ll want to stick with. Here’s a few ideas:
1. Take a Trip to the Distillery. It’s time to see where the magic happens. Plan yourself a big flavor road trip to Clermont, Kentucky, home of Knob Creek® Bourbon and walk in the footsteps of our creator, Booker Noe.
2. Master the Knob Creek® Old Fashioned. The original big flavor bourbon meets the original bourbon cocktail, and it’s time you joined in on the fun. Visit our Recipes page often and try your hand at our Old Fashioned cocktail recipes. Practice makes perfect.
3. Cook More. With Bourbon. Celebrity Chef Michael Symon is a master when it comes to cooking with Knob Creek® Bourbon: “Think about it as a way to replace other beverages that you would work into a sauce. It's very
Subtle is not in our repertoire, but sentimental? You bet. As we get closer to the end of the year, we’re taking time to reflect on the biggest moments of 2014.
1. Our favorite late night talk show got a new, albeit giggly, host.
2. The return of the aquatic natural disaster sci-fi movie we all hate to love. Or love to hate.
3. The millions of videos made, and dollars raised, from dumping ice-cold water on our heads. (Let’s hope it wasn’t Kentucky Limestone water)
4. Phones got bigger. A lot bigger. But that’s okay, we like big. Flavor that is.
5. A baseball legend hung up his cleats. Here’s to you, #2.
6. Bourbon fans got to walk in the footsteps of the great Booker Noe, and experience big flavor in its natural habitat, at the first annual Knob Creek® Bourbon Campout.
To the many moments that had you celebrating this year, and the many more to come next year, whip up this classy champagne cocktail and cheers to a damn great year.
“It’s easy to get sentimental over good bourbon.”
–Booker Noe, Creator of Knob Creek® Bourbon
It’s hard to find someone who loves bourbon as much as Booker did, but we know there are some serious bourbon lovers out there. If you’ve got a bourbon-drinkin’ man or woman on your holiday shopping list, here are some damn good gift ideas that even Booker himself would get behind.
The ultimate gift for the ultimate bourbon fan is his/her very favorite thing: Bourbon. Customized Knob Creek® holiday labels let your gift say a little more. Personalize your message on this year's Knob Creek® label or the custom designed label by Chef Michael Symon.
Create a Label
Keeps your drink cool without diluting that big, full flavor.
Whisky Stones® Max Soapstone Beverage Cubes
Whiskey Rocks, Set of 9
Make every sip taste like the first.
The Original Whiskey Ball® Mold
Fill your home with the masculine scents of bourbon, bacon and fresh cut lawn.
Photos courtesy of Bonobos Men's Clothes (www.bonobos.com)
Take a deep breath. It's over now... mistakes were made, but at least you've lived to tell the tale.
You, the "Man of the Year", were the Guest of Honor at a business awards dinner; celebrating a year that will go down as the highlight of your career. But instead of basking in your glory amongst your peers, you're looking around wishing you could go home and change.
And it's all because of the way you incorrectly interpreted "Black Tie" on the invitation.
Brother, I know your pain.
If they meant wear a tux why didn't they just say that? Why say "Black Tie"?
Black Tie. Black Tie Only. Black Tie Requested. Creative Black Tie.
It's like a code language only James Bond would understand. Misinterpreting this language can be embarrassing, uncomfortable, and can even offend your host. The anxiety and self-doubt may lead you to avoid formal events altogether.
Fear not. Here's a quick guide to Black Tie dress codes:
“Outlawing alcohol was the dumbest thing the government ever did.” – Creator of Knob Creek, Booker Noe
Booker sure got that right. Before Prohibition, the quality of bourbon had reached an all-time high. But the 18th Amendment stopped bourbon dead in its tracks. And even though it was repealed 13 years later, the negative effect it had on bourbon lasted well into the twenty-first century. Distilleries were forced to expedite their aging and blend their liquids in order to resume production. The result was a milder flavor, a sheer suggestion of the spirit’s past.
Booker was tired of these weaker whiskeys. He wanted to restore the big, full flavor that had become the standard for real bourbon before Prohibition. And with Knob Creek®, he did just that.
So today, we don’t celebrate Repeal Day. Today we celebrate Booker Noe. Because it wasn’t the repeal that brought back real bourbon. It was Booker.
You may have never wondered what we call the wooden structures our barrels rest on during the aging process in our distillery, but we’re going to tell you anyway. They’re called ricks and sometimes, rackhouses are called rickhouses.
Be sure to bring that golden nugget of bourbon-knowledge to your circle of friends the next time you all enjoy a few fingers’ worth of Knob Creek® Bourbon.