Bacon Old Fashioned
bourbon / bacon / orange peel
- 1 1/2 parts Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon
- 3 tsp. Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- 3 dashes of Orange Bitters Orange Peel
- 1 Strip of Candied Bacon
- Cut the bacon strip in half. Chop one half into small pieces.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the small bacon pieces, brown sugar simple syrup and bitters.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker and proceed to shake until well mixed. About a dozen times.
- Double strain the mixture into a low ball glass with fresh ice, removing the bacon pieces.
- Add bourbon and stir.
- Garnish with the remaining 1/2 bacon strip and a sliver of orange peel.